Sunday, September 20, 2009

Conquering the World One Saltine at a Time

Phew, this week's been rough. Lot's of new adjustments for me and Justin. It's good though and I have to keep reminding myself- I'm not sick. So since cooking is not really my strong point right now, I've found a lot of comfort in knitting. I tried to start the wool bowl for my brother, but the smell of the lanolin made me super nauseous. So I started making a scarf with the beautiful skein I bought from Blonde Chicken, but I kind of hate it now. I always forget the yarn will turn out 'stripe-y'. I don't know who will wear this that I know and I figured a scarf would be a safe thing to make.
The other item is from a pair of socks. I was thinking of making several pairs and mailing them to my cousin Melissa. However, with our own coming around I just may snag it for myself and make another pair for her. I don't know, maybe that's a jerk thing to do!
Work is going okay, it's hard teaching entirely new subjects to completely different students than I'm used to. I'll live though, we've been having fun so far!


Pictures of the sock and scarf in question:

2 comments:

Fran said...

Love the socks!

D.L. said...

I'm so happy for you guys <3
your projects look great.