Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Email

Guess what- the president emailed me!! Oh yeah, it wasn't in response to my email. It was a lovely description of his proposed single-payer plan. I wrote him back:

Hello and thank you for sending me an email outlining your healthcare proposition now that you've taken office. I am glad that I am on an emailing list, as I believe communication is important, I have yet to receive an email response from your staff in regard to my request to keep Montsanto off of any global hunger proposition.

So what I want to know and many others- what's up with this health care plan? Single payer? Really?! That's not why we elected you. The right wing hates this plan and the left don't like it either. Corporate interests wants business as usual. So, if everyone is going to dislike the plan in Washington, why don't you go ahead with what you proposed while running for office? Go all out, the people will be in favor of it and it works great for the military. You can even run a campaign- Healthcare- bringing democracy to America or what about this one- We need to support all of our troops, even the ones at home OR we can't have a strong army without a strong nation. This would be great- something really jingoistic to get some backing! I know it's wishful thinking and no one ever reads these emails, but like Cornel West says "You've got to speak truth to power".
Best in all,

No comments: