Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Meaningful Beauty


So first day of summer break I got sucked in to an infomercial for Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty line. I don't know why, I totally didn't buy into the whole melon thing and I usually only use natural products or when I can't afford to I use nothing. Maybe it was the price, for only $30 a month I got cleanser, toner, serum, day and night moisturizers and a face mask. It was a ton of stuff and I was totally into it. I bought it and read awful reviews online about the product and Guthy-Renker. I felt stupid but I forged onward relentless in my quest for dewy skin.

The first couple days after it's arrival I was in heaven! It smelt really strong, but I used it anyway and the day lotion with SPF didn't sting my eyes and everything just was great. However after about four days of using the product my skin got patchy red and started peeling. I tried to use one product at a time per day (just toner no lotion, or just serum no cleanser) because I thought maybe it was too much goop for my skin. This didn't help either, so sadly to say Meaningful Beauty wasn't going to cut it.

The reason for this blog entry- which is pretty boring, is that online I read all these horror stories about Guthy-Renker not giving refunds and continuing to charge bank accounts. In my case this couldn't be more opposite of my experience. They were nice, they refunded all of my money and closed my account and didn't even make me send the product back in. It was quick and easy. They only weird thing was that they asked my age and weight...maybe I just don't add up to Cindy's standards!

No comments: