Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Bounty and the Beast!

Okay so last night I started thinking about how I neglect to eat leafy greens on a regular basis (daily). So I woke up this morning determined to hit up the Farmer's Market for some good stuff. I had a great time, I bought blueberries, Swiss chard and purslane and cool-robby (kohlrabi) as well as squash flowers.

Lo and behold, what gets cooked first? Stuffed squash flowers!! What a beast! I couldn't wait to get them home and stuff them with cream cheese, cheddar and chives and then fry those bad boys. They're really good though and I think Justin will like them.

Cate inspired me to eat radish sandwiches with butter, so I'll stuff that with the purslane and some cool-robby. That might be a bit healthier.

2 comments:

Fran said...

All of your food looks so good on your pretty china and table cloth !

Idle Hands said...

Thank you, it's all staged! Justin's really good at setting it up. He usually photographs what I cook!