Monday, July 6, 2009

Roasted Garlic

Who knew roasting garlic was so easy! I didn't even need to buy one of those fancy terra cotta pots. I made two batches yesterday to spread on our bread that accompanied radical homemade vegetable soup. Avocado sushi and miso soup was the original plan, but it cooled down to the low 60's yesterday so soup sounded much better. I think I'm the last to make my own roasted garlic but here's how I did it:

Heat oven to 350 degrees
Remove most of the garlic paper leaving bulbs intact
Cut 1/4 inch off the tops of the bulb and little garlic guys
Place on aluminum foil
drizzle with olive oil, salt and whatever else (cayenne pepper is good)
Cover it all up with the foil
Place on an oven safe pan (I used a ceramic pie dish)
Cook for 45 minutes

That's it! Then you just squish it out and spread it around.

No comments: