Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Time Home Buyer

Buying a new home is hard work. Today I looked at two very different homes. One is livable and in town. It's the safe bet and ready for someone to live in it. I hesitate to put an offer on it because it's giving up the dream. It has a normal in town lot (much less than 1/4 acre) and it is close to the freeway. In fact I recorded the yard so you can hear it and see it.




The second home I saw is the wild card. It's outside of Yelm (40 minutes to my work taking the nonlocal route) and on a gravel road. It's 6.8 acres, very secluded and on gorgeous land with a creek. It's got a well and is on septic and has power and septic for another home to be built on the property. HOWEVER it is a manufactured home that is very gnarly. It's cosmetic but way gross. The roof was replaced 3 years ago but they did nothing to repair the ceiling, which is sagging popcorn. There are no doors on the master bedroom and the realtor assured me they were going to repair the third bathroom (no toilet seat and a brown tub). This one needs work or a new home built on it, but it more closely resembles the dream.


I have one more to look at tomorrow. It's a short sale with 2.5 acres and 1500+ square feet. This one is further from Justin's work so it has to be great to get him on board with it. We'll see what happens!!

No comments: