Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tongue of Fire


Look at these beauties!! My bush beans have come in, and there are many more on the way. This is an heirloom variety called Tongue of Fire sold by Victory Seeds in Oregon. I bought these seeds last summer but we moved too late to plant them. This year I popped them straight into the ground around April with some dwarf corn. It's working beautifully. I'll post pictures of my weird little garden spaces later. I am working on a theory I call 'hands-off gardening'. I know it sounds silly and I don't know too much about gardening, but I think letting a few weeds grow between plants and not keeping a sterile garden environment, my plants will be healthier. So far my plants are doing good but I notice they aren't as lush as some around town (I walk the dog to spy on gardens in the neighborhood). They're scrappers!!

No comments: